Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Weekend Guest on The Jealous Curator


I was beyond excited when The Jealous Curator asked me to be one of her "weekend guests" on her blog (which just happens to be the only blog I read on a daily basis...I love it!) I have been a fan of The Jealous Curator for quite some time now. She finds the most interesting artists, and as someone who can barely keep my own blog updated as frequently as I would like, I am constantly jealous of her! Her daily blog posts never fail to please. She is a witty writer and has an amazing eye for choosing exactly the kind of artists that interest me.

The Jealous Curator was kind enough to write a post about a show I was curating a few weeks ago, and ever since we have become email buddies. When she asked me to be one of her "weekend guests" it took me less than a second to respond with, "YES, YES, YES!!!" It was an honor to be asked and I was excited to be included on the impressive list of her previous weekend guests. The hard part was choosing one artist to write about. Instead of writing about any of the artists I had previously written about on my own blog, I wanted to find someone new to feature. I found some artists I loved and then realized The Jealous Curator had already written about them. Like I said, she has a knack for picking artists I love. Then I ran across the hand-stitched illustrations of Emily Eibel and I didn't have to look any further. I knew I had found the artist I wanted to write about. I mean, look at these:





To see my guest post on The Jealous Curator's site, click here. If you aren't familiar with The Jealous Curator's blog you definitely should be. In fact, one visit to her site and I think you will become a daily viewer like me.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails