Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me



Yesterday, March 16, 2009, was my 30th birthday. To celebrate my 30 years on this planet I decided to treat myself to a few things. Luckily, this birthday just happened to fall on a Monday which happens to be my day off. I started the day by laying in bed until 11:00 am. Heaven! Then I decided to head into town. I live in Nashville, TN, but I live outside of downtown Nashville. Working in downtown Nashville, I have to make the drive in and out of downtown nearly everyday, so I don't usually do it on my days off unless it's absolutely necessary. Yesterday it was. Upon hearing the sad news that American Artisan, my favorite craft gallery in Nashville, would be closing it's doors for good at the end of the month...I decided to make a special trip to buy myself a birthday gift. I wasn't sure what would be left, but I was hoping there would be a large selection of pottery remaining. I am a pottery freak. It's like my drug of choice. I just can't get enough. I walked into American Artisan and immediately noticed that the selection of pottery had been wiped clean. There were a few odds and ends scattered around, but nothing that really screamed, "Take me home!" I was almost out the door when I noticed an interesting piece of art on the bottom shelf in one of the rooms in the store. I picked it up and knew I had to have it. I didn't even realize that this unique piece was also a mechanical piece of art until I was taking it to the cash register. When I moved the metal piece on the side, the little man's feet clicked together and he pulled down a piece of paper that read, "HELLO WORLD." It made me smile. I was very pleased with my purchase.

This unique piece of art was created by Ann Wood and Dean Lucker of Minnesota. Please check their website for more of their beautiful work.

After the trip to American Artisan I decided to treat myself yet again. Next stop...Gigi's Cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails